A Sure Sign of A Good Time

Across the street from the club called Vics in Sanlitun is its competitor Mix. Both these night clubs are fairy similar they even rime in name and stay open until the sun is high in the sky.  They are both a great destination after your China Tour. However, they do have some small differences that make or break which one you want to go to. Firstly, Mix and Vics usually lets girls in for free otherwise the cover charge is $ 50. And they both have stages to dance on and two rooms playing different music to dance to. However, at mix only women are allowed to dance on the stage. My friend tried to hide behind the group of people I was with to dance, however the bouncer saw him lurking trough two of my friends and pulled him down. We all had a good laugh but I think everyone should be allowed to dance on stage.  However, I will say it is easier to get a drink at Mix because the bar is further away from the speakers. At Vics the bar is right next to the stage and speakers. They also both have tables and two stories which makes it easy to take a breather. This alone makes both clubs well worth the trip for those who Travel to Beijing.

On the plus side for Vics it has western toilets with toilet paper and multiple bathrooms. This is shockingly absent at Mix which only have the non western toilets but Vics does have bathroom attendants which is pretty swagy. Plus once you get the hang of it both toilets are the same.  But be careful if you have had too much to drink I heard a girl fall in the last time I was there. However I will say that Vics bathroom design and the entire design of the club is aesthetically pleasing.   Another plus to both places that I appreciated was the coat check so if you ride a vespa in and need to store your helmet and keys or you bring a bag you can leave it there. I know Mix is free but I did not use the coat check at Vics so I am unsure of weather you have to pay for it or not.  It is also close to many Beijing Hotels which are reasonably priced if you want to walk. If you want to take a taxi, like I do, be ready to haggle. I will come out on the week end and just to go about a mile which is usually 25rmb taxi drivers will usually try to get 100rmb out of me. One guy gave me a price of 200rmb and I laughed so hard I actually bumped into a taxi behind me. If you are willing to wait for a bit and you know how much the cost should be though you will find someone in a short amount of time who is reasonable. So head down to Vics or mix for a rip roaring good time. " If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success." John D. Rockefeller.

Related posts:

  1. A good place for your Beijing tours
  2. Good Deals on China Hotels
  3. What is the time? Time to visit the Bell and Drum towers
  4. The Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest
  5. So much to do in such little time- An Adventure Everyday!
Read More @ Source

International Recording Artist Heather Schmid live at the Chinese National Charm Star Competition

Classically trained Opera singer turned Pop/Dance Artist Heather Schmid performs at the Charm Star Competition in Nanjing China. Heather judged the final performers providing feedback to the competitors. Heather performed 'Save the Night' from her new album, and upon request 'Quando men voh' from La Boheme and 'Mo Li Hua'. The evening was televised with competitors from around the country vying for the Charm Star title.

Video Rating: 0 / 5


Comments

Popular Posts